HISTORY

MILESTONES

Originally founded as a special machine factory, KIRSCH + MAUSSER has remained true to its character as an expert for individual roasting machines to this day. For more than 100 years, the company has been developing roasting solutions for customers whose final products must meet very particular demands.

1907

COMPANY FOUNDING

Engineer Wilhelm Kirsch and businessman Ernst Mausser found the special machine factory KIRSCH + MAUSSER in Heilbronn, Germany, to manufacture state-of-the-art roasting machines.

1908

THE HEILBRONN SPHERICAL ROASTER

The small spherical roaster designed for manual and electric operation features a roasting ball with a capacity of five or ten kilograms mounted in the door of the roaster.

1928

THE TAKEOVER

Emmerich machine factory and iron foundry takes over KIRSCH + MAUSSER. Today’s PROBAT-Werke von Gimborn Maschinenfabrik GmbH is the global market and technology leader for plants and machinery for the coffee business.

1931

THE WORLD’S FIRST RAPID ROASTER

KIRSCH + MAUSSER develops the Record rapid roaster. This makes it possible to produce roasted coffee in just ten to fifteen minutes – a revolutionary innovation at this time.

1975

PRODUCTION RESUMES

KIRSCH + MAUSSER resumes production for the first time after World War II. The special machine factory initially produces roaster components for PROBAT. The company’s headquarters is now also located in Emmerich am Rhein, Germany.

2013

SPECIALIZATION

KIRSCH + MAUSSER specializes entirely in the refurbishment and manufacture of the UG retro, G45 retro, and G drum roasters originally manufactured by PROBAT.